Maps, Mods, and Hacks
"Fear Arena" for Jedi Knight II
Back when I was playing a lot of Jedi Outcast I made this arena-style map for my clan at the time (<FeaR>). It still works pretty well for multiplayer, but becuase I didn't add bot routes it's no good for Player vs. Bots. This map really means a lot to me, for many reasons. Mostly, it shows that I can actually have the patience to learn a new piece of software and finish a project when I put my mind to it! These days it seems like I start more projects than I finish.
The original JKfiles websites are long gone, but luckily someone saved a mirror of them. You can find the map files (as well as a description and screenshots) here (v1.0) or here (v2.0).
"Job System Improvement" for Final Fantasy III
My first major assembly hack for an NES game is done!
This is for Final Fantasy III for the Famicom/NES. Download it here or at ROMHacking.net here!
Here's what it does!
- Removing "Capacity Points"
- Makes changing jobs cost 0 CP.
- Removes the “Gained CP” message at the end of battle.
- Removes the “# CP” window from the Main Menu and from the Job Menu.
- Replace CP Cost with Skill Level
- Removes the CP Costs listed on the Job menu and shows the Job Skill Level instead.
- Automatically Remove Equipment When Changing Jobs
- Removes the “Removed” message shown when you remove a character’s equipment.
- Automatically un-equips a character’s gear when you choose a new job.
- Double-checks that their gear has been removed before switching their job. If your inventory was full you’ll get the standard “You must remove equipment…” message and your job won’t change.
- Gets rid of the Yes/No prompt when choosing a job.